Monday, November 29, 2010

My Wish!

To let the
 fall breezes
 flow across
  my face
  tousle my hair
   bringing
    scent
     wildness
     wilderness
      dirt
      flowers
      wild flowers
       the multch for next year
       and a fireplace
       some distance away,
To let the
      cool tap water
       flow over my
       sore hands
        softly
       before bed
       squeezing through
       the faucet
        on the right
        having circulated through
          the house
           refreshing
           enlivening
           peaceful
            all
     before I leave
      this planet
      another eight hours
      placing my
       life
      in gravity's hands
       that the world
         will turn
        the universe
         will survive
        and my love
         will be beside me
        when the sun
          creeps across
           the floor
            and the cracks
             in the window shades
              are highlighted
                becoming a wake-up
                 call
                  to life again!

No comments: