Monday, December 6, 2010

Prayer For Visibility

Lord
I want to flow down
   mountain side
   swim upstream.  I want to float
   upon the lake and hear
   echoes of life at work and
   birds calling and trees
   speaking as wind plays
   across their leaves.  I want to
   melt like snow within
   this earth and fly unhidered like a
   blackbird who moves with swagger
   calling life to consciousness each
   sunrise.  I want to be seen in the
   distant scene, across the lake
   in blues, reds, and yellows all neatly
   matched and able to be eye-catching
   to some unknown spy from the other side
   of the lake.  I want to float to earth like
   a fall leaf and rise like a summer rose.
  
I want, dear Lord, to be part of the
   rhythm, a piece of the canvass,
   a note in the song, a spark in
   the life that You
   Create!
   Amen.




Richard W Smith
March 2002

No comments: