Sunday, January 9, 2011

Disconnected Words

I aimed some words at your
Heart-
Shot them as precisely as possible,
Polished them beforehand
Knowing that you would be better because
The sentiments were true and
genuine. Then they flew across the space
between us the ether where unknown creatures and shapes
survive glancing off innumerable thoughts and past experiences
that follow you and fill you with obstacles and
with opportunities to respond to all these
human syllables aimed at you.

Something happened along the way,
my aim was sure,
the shafts of words straight but in the ether,
 in the gap between us,
the stories of the past
 twisted those words
causing them to miss your heart
wounding you because of the
sideways angle those words took.

I’ll draw again on my bow
notching my words again
feathers up and
 breathing life into them
praying this time
the ether and stories
will not block or
 bounce those heartfelt words---
again!


Richard W Smith
January 9, 2011

No comments: